Atlanta (May 2021) – The 2021 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business ranks 13 of the firm’s practice groups – including three nationally – and recognizes more than two dozen attorneys, 10 of whom are ranked nationwide. The firm’s Washington, D.C. office is also ranked for excellence.
The departments and attorneys ranked on a national scale include:
- The International Trade/Trade Remedies and Trade Policy team: Don Cameron, Julie Mendoza and William Barringer
- The Leisure & Hospitality group: Carol Weld King, Tom Gryboski, Christina Hassan, Catherine Morgen, and David Reina
- The REIT practice: Lauren Prevost and Seth Weiner
Practice areas and attorneys that earned regional rankings include:
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Atlanta: Frank DeBorde, Jason Watson and Lisa Wolgast
- Corporate M&A, Georgia: David Calhoun
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation, Georgia: Ed Emerson and Ryan Gorman
- Environment, Georgia: Gerald Pouncey and Heather Friedman
- Healthcare, Georgia: Michele Madison, Bob Threlkeld and Elliott Coward
- Intellectual Property: Patent Prosecution, District of Columbia: Michael Ye and Ping Wang
- Litigation: General Commercial, District of Columbia
- Real Estate, District of Columbia: Carol Weld King (also ranked nationally for Hospitality) and Betsy Karmin
- Real Estate, Georgia: Andy Williams, Duncan Miller and Mark Block
- Carl Westmoreland and Jessica Hill (for Zoning & Land Use in Georgia)
- Tax, Georgia
Chambers and Partners is an independent research company operating across 200 jurisdictions delivering detailed rankings and insight into the world's leading lawyers. Its methodology ranks individual attorneys for their legal knowledge, experience, ability, effectiveness and client service. It evaluates departments based on technical legal ability, client service, the depth of the team, commercial vision and business understanding, diligence and value for the money.
About Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
Morris, Manning & Martin (www.mmmlaw.com) is an Am Law 200 law firm with national and international reach. We dedicate ourselves to the constant pursuit of our clients’ success. To provide our clients with optimal value, we combine market-leading legal services with a total understanding of their needs to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and opportunity. MMM enjoys national prominence for its real estate, corporate, litigation, technology, healthcare, intellectual property, capital markets, environmental, international trade, and insurance practices. MMM has offices in and around Atlanta, Raleigh-Durham, Savannah and Washington, D.C.
Media Contact for MMM: Terri Thornton, (404) 932-4347, Terri@TerriThornton.com