Atlanta (May 2022) – Several of Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP’s practice groups and attorneys have again earned high marks from the 2022 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. Chambers ranks leading lawyers and firms across the country using in-depth market analysis and independent research.
Chambers ranked three practice groups nationally. Three partners are in the top tier for Georgia. A total of 29 attorneys earned recognition, including one who is ranked both nationally and for Washington, D.C.
MMM’s nationally-ranked practice groups include:
- International Trade and partners Don Cameron and Julie Mendoza.
- Leisure & Hospitality and partners Carol Weld King, Christina Hassan, Catherine Morgen, Tom Gryboski, and David Reina.
- REITs and partners Lauren Prevost and Seth Weiner.
The International Trade group and partners Don Cameron and Julie Mendoza are additionally ranked in Chambers Global.
The partners ranked in Band 1 for Georgia are:
- Ed Emerson, Chair of the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation team.
- Bob Threlkeld, Co-Chair of the Healthcare group.
- Carl Westmoreland, of the Real Estate Zoning/Land Use practice.
In addition to the practice groups and the attorneys mentioned above, the following earned regional rankings for Georgia:
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring – Frank DeBorde, Jason Watson and Lisa Wolgast
- Corporate M&A – David Calhoun
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation – Scott Wagner and Ryan Gorman.
- Environmental - Gerald Pouncey, Heather Friedman and Wyatt Kendall
- Healthcare – Michele Madison and newly elected partner, Elliott Coward
- Real Estate – Mark Block and Duncan Miller with Andrew Williams among Senior Statespeople
- Real Estate Zoning/Land Use – Jessica Hill
Those who earned rankings for the Washington D.C. region include the Real Estate practice, specifically Carol Weld King and Betsy Karmin. As noted, Weld King is also ranked nationally for Leisure & Hospitality.
The Litigation Practice is also ranked as Highly Regarded in Washington, D.C.
Chambers and Partners is an independent research company operating across 200 jurisdictions delivering detailed rankings and insight into the world's leading lawyers. Its methodology ranks individual attorneys for their legal knowledge, experience, ability, effectiveness and client service. It evaluates departments based on technical legal ability, client service, the depth of the team, commercial vision and business understanding, diligence and value for the money.
About Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
Morris, Manning & Martin (www.mmmlaw.com) is an Am Law 200 law firm with national and international reach. We dedicate ourselves to the constant pursuit of our clients’ success. To provide our clients with optimal value, we combine market-leading legal services with a total understanding of their needs to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and opportunity. MMM enjoys national prominence for its real estate, corporate, litigation, technology, healthcare, intellectual property, capital markets, environmental, international trade, and insurance practices. A Mansfield 4.0-certified firm, MMM has offices in Atlanta, Raleigh-Durham, Savannah and Washington, D.C.
Media Contact for MMM: Terri Thornton, (404) 932-4347, Terri@TerriThornton.com