Atlanta/Washington, D.C. (April 2019) – Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP earned national rankings from Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2020 for three practice areas and six attorneys. In addition, two partners are ranked in the highest-possible tier for their statewide work. One is ranked in two separate categories – one national and one regional.
- The International Trade Practice ranks in Band 3, with Special Counsel William Barringer plus partners Don Cameron and Julie Mendoza honored with national rankings. Barringer moved into the Senior Statesperson category, recognizing attorneys pivotal to the firm’s success despite having less of a hands-on role.
- The Leisure & Hospitality Practice moved up to Band 3, with partners Carol Weld King and Christina Hassan again earning spots on the national list.
- The firm’s REITS Practice, which specializes in Real Estate Capital Markets, earned national marks, as did group leader Lauren Prevost.
The two individuals who earned the highest possible regional rankings are:
- Georgia Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Chair Ed Emerson, who debuted in Band 1 of the brand new category. The group overall ranked in Band 2, with Ryan Gorman counted among the “Associates to Watch.”
- Carl Westmoreland, who clients describe as "the dean of the zoning and land use Bar," ranks in Band 1 in Georgia’s Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use category. Partner Jessica Hill is in Band 2.
The regional rankings also include these notable accomplishments.
- The Real Estate Group is ranked in Band 2 in Georgia and Band 3 in Washington. Carol Weld King, also ranked nationally in The Leisure & Hospitality Practice, rose to Band 2. Partners Mark Block and Andrew Williams are in Band 2 as well, while Betsy Karmin moved up to Band 4 Group Chair Duncan Miller is in the Up & Coming category.
- The Healthcare Practice is in Band 2, with regional rankings for Partner and Group Chair Bob Threlkeld. Partner Michele Madison moved up a spot to Band 3. Elliott Coward is again an “Associate to Watch.”
- The Georgia Tax Group ranked in Band 3.
- The Bankruptcy & Restructuring Practice earned a spot in Band 3 for Georgia. Partner Frank DeBorde, Of Counsel Jason Watson and Partner Lisa Wolgast earned spots on the list as well.
- The Environment Practice moved up to Band 3 in Georgia, with group leader and firm Chairman Gerald Pouncey ranked in Band 2. Partner Heather Friedman rose from the “Up & Coming” category to Band 3.
- The Corporate M&A Practice, based in Atlanta, ranks in Band 4, as does group leader David Calhoun.
“Every year our Chambers rankings improve,” said MMM Managing Partner Simon Malko. “They also reinforce our strategic plan to grow organically by adding new attorneys and practice areas. Jason Watson, who joined us last fall, is ranked, as are the International Trade and D.C. Hospitality teams that joined several years ago. This strategy, along with our other star performers, put us in great position for the future.”
Chambers USA assesses rankings based on qualities including technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment and other qualities most valued by clients. The Chambers judges add that being ranked in any band is a significant achievement.
About Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
Morris, Manning & Martin (www.mmmlaw.com) is an Am Law 200 law firm with national and international reach. We dedicate ourselves to the constant pursuit of our clients’ success. To provide our clients with optimal value, we combine market-leading legal services with a total understanding of their needs to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and opportunity. MMM enjoys national prominence for its real estate, corporate, litigation, technology, healthcare, intellectual property, cybersecurity and privacy, capital markets, environmental, international trade, and insurance practices. MMM has offices in and around Atlanta, Raleigh-Durham, Savannah and Washington, D.C.
Media Contact for MMM: Terri Thornton, (404) 932-4347, [email protected]