D.C. (August 15, 2018) – 24th Edition of Best Lawyers in America© recognizes Morris, Manning & Martin’s Sonny Morris as Lawyer of the Year for Real Estate in Atlanta. He and 30 other partners and senior counsel earned rankings in the 2019 edition of Best Lawyers® for their work in the Atlanta, Savannah and Washington D.C. offices of the firm.
The Lawyer of the Year designation is awarded annually to individual attorneys with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location. Only one is recognized for each specialty and location.
Morris, or “Sonny,” as most know him, co-founded MMM and is a Senior Partner in the Real Estate and Real Estate Capital Markets Practices.
Other honorees, their locations and legal practice areas are:
- William Barringer, Washington, D.C. – International Trade and Finance
- Chuck Beaudrot, Atlanta – Tax
- Mark Block, Atlanta – Real Estate
- Ward Bondurant, Atlanta – Corporate
- Brian Butler, Atlanta – Real Estate
- David Cranshaw, Atlanta – Litigation, Banking & Finance
- Heather Friedman, Atlanta – Environmental
- John Fry, Atlanta – Litigation/Intellectual Property, Litigation/Patent and Trade Secrets
- Christina Graham, Atlanta – Real Estate
- Tom Gryboski, Atlanta – Leisure & Hospitality and Real Estate
- Lew Hassett, Atlanta – Litigation Insurance
- Carol Weld King, Washington, D.C. – Leisure & Hospitality
- John MacNaughton, Atlanta – Product Liability Litigation Defendants
- Michele Madison, Atlanta – Health Care
- Julie Mendoza, Washington, D.C. – International Trade and Finance
- Sonny Morris, Atlanta – Real Estate
- Will Planert, Washington, D.C. – International Trade and Finance
- Gerald Pouncey, Atlanta – Environmental
- Lauren Burnham Prevost, Atlanta – Corporate
- Daniel Prywes, Washington, D.C. – Litigation/Labor & Employment
- Robert Rearden, Atlanta – Real Estate
- Bob Reardon, Atlanta – Real Estate
- Rusty Ross, Savannah – Real Estate and Healthcare
- Bruce Smith, Atlanta – Construction
- Seslee Smith, Atlanta – Product Liability Litigation Defendants
- Matt Sours, Atlanta – Real Estate
- Bob Threlkeld, Atlanta – Health Care
- Lee Walker, Atlanta – Real Estate
- Louise Wells, Atlanta – Real Estate
- Carl Westmoreland, Atlanta – Land Use & Zoning
- Andy Williams, Atlanta – Real Estate
John Fry, who recently retired, has been ranked for 15 consecutive years. He is also ranked in three separate categories: Litigation/Intellectual Property, Litigation/Patent and Trade Secrets. William Barringer, Chuck Beaudrot, David Cranshaw, Sonny Morris, Gerald Pouncey, Carl Westmoreland, Andy Williams and Lee Walker each made the list for 10 years running. Marking five years on the list are Mark Block, Tom Gryboski, John MacNaughton, Michele Madison, Bruce Smith, Seslee Smith, Bob Threlkeld and Rusty Ross.
Inclusion in the Best Lawyers rankings is based entirely on peer review. The publication employs what it describes as a sophisticated, conscientious, rational and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations of the quality of legal services.
About Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
Morris, Manning & Martin is an Am Law 200 law firm with national and international reach. We dedicate ourselves to the constant pursuit of our clients’ success. To provide our clients with optimal value, we combine market-leading legal services with a total understanding of their needs to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and opportunity. MMM enjoys national prominence for its real estate, corporate, litigation, technology, healthcare, intellectual property, energy & infrastructure, capital markets, environmental, international trade, and insurance practices. MMM has offices in and around Atlanta, Raleigh-Durham, Savannah and Washington, D.C. The firm also has a business development office in Beijing, China.