- Doctors Hospital of Augusta, LLC v. Georgia Department of Community Health and MCG Health, Inc d/ba Georgia Regents Medical Center(Superior Court of Fulton County, Civil Action No. 2015-CV269573 Georgia Court of Appeals and Georgia Supreme Court)
Successfully obtained CON for MCG Health to build first new hospital in state of Georgia in more than a decade and successfully defended numerous appeals by Doctors Hospitals.
- American Family Insurance Company v. Abdulmohsen Almussud (Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta Division, Civil Action No. 1:16-cv-04023-RWS)
Prosecuting declaratory judgement action for insured’s failure to cooperate and defending breach of fiduciary counterclaim.
- Kennestone Hospital, Inc., et al. v. Piedmont Hospital, Inc., et al.(Superior Court of Cobb County, Georgia, Civil Action No. 17‑1‑00154-56)
Successfully appealed denial of Certificate of Need for radiation therapy services and defended award of CON at Georgia Court of Appeals and Georgia Supreme Court.
- HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Forsyth County, LLC v. Georgia Department of Community Health, et al.(Superior Court of Fulton County, Civil Action No. 16-CV-270858)
Successfully obtained grant of Certificate of Need for 50-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital through Petition for Judicial Review and all appeals.
- In re Assisted Living Concepts, Inc. (GA ALJ proceeding, 2015)
Ms. Smith served as co-lead counsel in these administrative matters, resulting in a successful adjudicate of a licensure revocation proceeding for two of the client’s personal care homes.
- Piedmont Healthcare Inc. v. Kowal (GA Court of Appeals, 2012)
Successfully appealed trial court’s order enjoining a hospital board’s decision to revoke a doctor’s clinical privileges.
- In re Stand N Seal Litigation (MDL Docket No. 1804, USDC, Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta Division)
This multi-district litigation case involved alleged claims of pulmonary and neurological injuries following use of a spray grout sealant known as Stand 'n Seal sold in approximately 1,300 Home Depot stores nationwide. This was one of the largest pending MDL proceedings in the United States. Ms. Smith served as co-lead counsel in connection with the first five bellwether cases in the Stand ‘n Seal MDL, which were tried to a complete defense verdict in April 2010.
- Steven H. Larsen & Leanne L. Larsen v. Home Depot U.S.A., Inc. (Superior Court of California, County of Sacramento, Civil Action No. 05-AS-02956)
Ms. Smith served as co-lead counsel in this four-week trial, resulting in a complete defense verdict. This product liability case involved claims of a carpenter's alleged toxic exposure to arsenic and chromium from CCA pressure treated wood. This was one of dozens of CCA treated woods lawsuits filed against Home Depot, including several national class actions, successfully defended by Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP.
- Jay Martin and Sarah Martin v. The Home Depot, et. al., District Court - City and County of Denver, State of Colorado, Civil Action No. 05-CV-4007
Complete defense verdict after two-week trial involving alleged toxic exposure to CCA pressure treated wood.
- Jacobs v. Osmose, Inc., et al., 213 F.R.D 607 (S.D. Fla. 2003)
Successful defense of putative national class action involving CCA pressure treated wood product.
- Miller v. Home Depot U.S.A., Inc., 199 F. Supp. 2d 502 (W.D. La. 2001)
Successful defense of putative national class action involving chromated copper arsenate pressure treated wood.