Atlanta (August 15, 2016) – The 23rd Edition of Best Lawyers in America© recognizes two Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP partners as “Lawyer of the Year.” Only one lawyer is recognized as "Lawyer of the Year" for each specialty and location.
- David Cranshaw is the Best Lawyers® 2017 Litigation - Banking and Finance “Lawyer of the Year” in Atlanta.
- Gerald L. Pouncey, Jr., is the Best Lawyers 2017 Environmental “Lawyer of the Year” in Atlanta.
What’s more, two dozen MMM partners were selected by their peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers®. The attorneys, their categories and locations include:
- Frank Bazzel: Real Estate, Atlanta
- David Cranshaw: Litigation - Banking & Finance, Atlanta
- Jason D’Cruz: Employment - Management, Atlanta
- Glenn Dunaway: Tax Law, Atlanta
- John Fry: Litigation - Intellectual Property, Litigation - Patent, Trade Secrets Law, Atlanta
- Tom Gryboski: Leisure and Hospitality, Atlanta
- Lew Hassett: Litigation - Insurance, Atlanta
- Carol Weld King: Leisure and Hospitality, Washington, D.C.
- John MacNaughton: Product Liability Litigation, Defendants, Atlanta
- Michele Madison: Health Care, Atlanta
- Julie Mendoza: International Trade and Finance Law, Washington, D.C.
- Dan Mohan: Health Care Law, Atlanta
- John (Sonny) Morris: Real Estate, Atlanta
- Gerald Pouncey, Jr.: Environmental, Atlanta
- Lauren Burnham Prevost: Corporate Law, Atlanta
- Rusty Ross: Real Estate, Health Care, Savannah
- Seslee Smith: Product Liability Litigation, Defendants, Atlanta
- Bruce Smith: Construction Law, Atlanta
- Bob Threlkeld: Health Care, Atlanta
- Lee Walker: Real Estate, Atlanta
- Louise Wells: Real Estate, Atlanta
- Carl Westmoreland, Jr.: Land Use and Zoning Law, Atlanta
- Andrew Williams: Real Estate, Atlanta
Fry has been on the list for 15 years. This is the 10th year Bazzel, Cranshaw, Pouncey, Walker, Westmoreland and Williams were ranked.
Inclusion in Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. The publication employs what it describes as a sophisticated, conscientious, rational and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations of the quality of legal services. The “Lawyer of the Year” designation is awarded annually to individual attorneys with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location.
About Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
Morris, Manning & Martin (www.mmmlaw.com) is an AmLaw 200 law firm with national and international reach. We dedicate ourselves to the constant pursuit of our clients’ success. To provide our clients with optimal value, we combine market-leading legal services with a total understanding of their needs to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and opportunity. MMM enjoys national prominence for its real estate, corporate, litigation, technology, healthcare, intellectual property, energy & infrastructure, capital markets, environmental, international trade, insurance, and timberland & forest products practices. MMM has offices in and around Atlanta, Raleigh-Durham, Savannah and Washington, D.C. The firm also has a business development office in Beijing, China and a strategic alliance office in São Paulo, Brazil.
Media Contact for MMM: Terri Thornton, (404) 932-4347, [email protected]