Atlanta (May 2016) – Yet again, Chambers USA ranks several of Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP’s partners and practice groups. The firm’s work is noted in national results, as well as in Georgia and Washington D.C. Nine practice areas and 23 partners are recognized.
“The percentage of MMM partners who are listed is one of the highest in the U.S.,” said Managing Partner Louise Wells. “Even though MMM is by far the smallest law firm among the rankings, we out-performed many much larger firms.”
The firm’s Real Estate practice attained the highest possible level within Georgia. It is also recognized nationally with Carol Weld King in Washington; and Tom Gryboski, Carl Westmoreland, Andy Williams and Duncan Miller in Atlanta. King is also honored nationally in the Leisure (Hospitality) category.
Also earning spots on the national list are:
- The International Trade Group, along with partners Don Cameron and Julie Mendoza. (The Trade group is also in Chambers’ Global and Asia guides.)
- The firm’s REIT Group, and partner Lauren Prevost
- Partner Ed Hirsch, making the list for the first time as a Recognized Practitioner (RP) in the Start-ups and Emerging Companies practice
The practice areas and individuals ranked in Georgia include:
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring – David Cranshaw, Frank DeBorde, and Lisa Wolgast (RP)
- Corporate/M&A – David Calhoun and Chris Maxwell (RP)
- Environment – Gerald Pouncey and Heather Friedman (RP)
- Healthcare – Dan Mohan and Robert Threlkeld
- Intellectual Property – John Fry
- Labor & Employment – Jason D’Cruz and Brian Harris (RP)
Atlanta Tax partner Chuck Beaudrot was singled out individually as well.
Chambers says it assesses the results based on qualities including technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment and other qualities clients value. Click here for more information, including the methodology the publication uses to make its selections.
About Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
Morris, Manning & Martin (www.mmmlaw.com) is an AmLaw 200 law firm with national and international reach. We dedicate ourselves to the constant pursuit of our clients’ success. To provide our clients with optimal value, we combine market-leading legal services with a total understanding of their needs to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and opportunity. MMM enjoys national prominence for its real estate, corporate, litigation, technology, healthcare, intellectual property, energy & infrastructure, capital markets, environmental, international trade, insurance, and timberland & forest products practices. MMM has offices in and around Atlanta, Raleigh-Durham, Savannah and Washington, D.C. The firm also has a business development office in Beijing, China and a strategic alliance office in São Paulo, Brazil.
Media Contact for MMM: Terri Thornton, (404) 932-4347, [email protected]