Bob Alpert is a senior partner in the firm’s Class Action, Products Liability and Mass Torts practices.
His litigation skills have been recognized by attorneys and judges around the country:
- "Mr. Alpert’s likeability by jurors is the best I’ve seen in my 30 years of trying cases.”
- Opposing counsel and founding partner of national plaintiffs’ firm
- “Mr. Alpert’s oral argument at summary judgment was the best I’ve seen in my 15 years on the bench . . . bar none.”
- Former State Court Judge, Fulton County, Georgia
- “In making my argument today, I won’t be nearly as eloquent and articulate as Mr. Alpert. Please don’t hold that against my client.”
- Opening statement by opposing counsel and chair of Los Angeles litigation department of Am Law 10 firm
Mr. Alpert has defended clients in complex, high-exposure litigation matters throughout the United States, including:
- National coordinating counsel for international home improvement retailer in over 50 product liability cases in state and federal courts arising from sale of popular herbicide
- National coordinating and lead trial counsel for international container manufacturer in public nuisance and personal injury litigation arising from alleged exposure to pigment in lead-based paint
- National coordinating and lead trial counsel for international real estate developer in over 50 individual, multi-party, and putative class action lawsuits arising from development of residential resort communities
- Lead counsel for retailers, distributors and manufacturers of e-cig/vape products in product liability litigation arising from sale of e-cig/vape devices and their component parts
Mr. Alpert’s extensive class action experience includes defending clients in product liability, consumer fraud, insurance, real estate, and sales tax class actions in state and federal courts nationwide.
Mr. Alpert’s practice also focuses on representing clients in complex insurance coverage disputes. He advises clients on matters involving first-party and third-party insurance coverage, including issues relating to commercial general liability, errors and omissions, property, automotive and D&O policies, and has represented clients in state and federal courts throughout the country in declaratory judgment and other insurance coverage litigation.