Atlanta (Feb. 22, 2018) – A dozen partners at Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP have made the 2018 list of Georgia Super Lawyers. Another 10 attorneys are named Rising Stars.
Super Lawyers rates outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. While up to five percent of the lawyers in the state are named to Super Lawyers, no more than 2.5 percent make the list of Rising Stars.
MMM’s 2018 Top-Rated Super Lawyers – and the practice areas in which they are recognized – are:
- David Cranshaw, Bankruptcy: Business
- Jason D’Cruz, Employment & Labor
- Frank DeBorde, Bankruptcy: Business
- John Fry, Intellectual Property Litigation
- Lewis Hassett, Business Litigation
- Michele Madison, Healthcare
- John Sonny Morris, Real Estate
- Gerald Pouncey, Environmental
- Lauren Prevost, Securities & Corporate Finance
- Seslee Smith, Personal Injury – Products: Defense
- Robert Threlkeld, Healthcare
- John Yates, Business Corporate
The recognition is particularly notable for Threlkeld, who has now been a Super Lawyer for 10 years running.
Super Lawyers also honors Rising Stars – attorneys 40 years old or younger or who have been in practice for 10 years or less. MMM’s Rising Stars include:
- Kelly Christian, Business Litigation
- Heather Friedman, Environmental
- Gwendolyn Godfrey, Bankruptcy: Business
- Christina Graham, Real Estate
- Chris Maxwell, Business Corporate
- Frances Parrish, Real Estate
- Matt Peurach, Real Estate
- Lee Anne Sapp, Real Estate
- Pelham Wilder, IV, Real Estate
Christian, Parrish and Sapp are all new to the list of Rising Stars.
The selection process for Super Lawyers includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. The honorees are featured in Super Lawyers magazine as well as Atlanta magazine.