Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP is nationally-recognized for its innovative and expansive hospitality work. Our attorneys handle high-profile, large-scale projects in key markets, including acquisitions, dispositions, development projects, financings, franchise and management agreements, public/private partnership developments, and the negotiation of complicated capital structures.
Our hospitality lawyers have real-world experience on all sides of the deal. We understand “market” value for transactions, even when the market is changing. Our deep-rooted experience allows us to foresee and resolve issues, bringing a practiced eye and thorough approach to proactively represent and protect your company in all types of ventures. Our knowledge and leadership is nationally recognized by Chambers USA, including a national ranking for both the practice and over half of our team’s partners.
- Represented Hyatt Hotels Corporation in the acquisition of the Miraval Group from KSL Capital Partners, LLC. The transaction included the acquisition of the flagship Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, the Travassa Austin resort in Austin, Texas and the 380-acre Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort in Lenox, Mass, along with Miraval Life in Balance Spa brand, which operates a resort in Dana Point, California.
- Represented client in public/private development with the city of Grand Prairie in Texas. The development, which includes a dual-branded hotel and convention center, is part of a large municipal development.
- Represented a client in the acquisition and JV equity investment and loans with HRI Properties and related financing, including a Hilton Garden Inn and adjacent apartments, dual-branded newly-constructed Hyatt in New Orleans, and the Hilton and adjacent Miller & Rhoades apartments in Richmond, VA.
- Represented a hotel owner in the negotiation of several loan modifications, including deferral of loan payments and a waiver of deposits into reserve, as well as waivers of financial tests for limited periods of time.
- Represented client in the $560 million senior and mezzanine refinancing of The Diplomat Beach Resort in Hollywood, Florida, from a trio of banks led by Morgan Stanley. The senior loan was subsequently placed in a single-asset securitization trust.
- Represented a boutique hotel owner and developer in negotiation of a complex management agreement for the development and operation of a set of luxury cabins, a restaurant and indoor/outdoor event space in Kingston, NY.
- Represented client in a joint venture for substantially renovating and repurposing an independent resort hotel which required significant tax structuring.
- Represented client in the $142 million acquisition and financing of a five-property, 1,396-room portfolio of Marriott branded select-service and extended stay hotels located in Florida, Georgia and New Jersey from large REIT, including assumption of three existing management contracts with Marriott.