Atlanta (Nov. 17, 2015) – Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP represented Carl Gregory Enterprises in the sale of 13 auto dealerships to AutoNation, Inc. AutoNation is the country’s largest automotive retailer. Carl Gregory Enterprises is a large dealership group based in Columbus, Ga. Its stores sold approximately 16,750 new and used vehicles in 2014.
The acquired franchises are in Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee. They include Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat, Ford, Lincoln, Honda, Hyundai and Volkswagen dealerships. The financial terms of the deal, which closed Nov. 12, were not disclosed.
MMM’s team on the deal included:
- Chuck Beaudrot – partner in the Tax Practice, who led the team
- Corey May – partner-elect in the Real Estate Practice
- Carl Erhardt – partner in the Corporate Practice
- Patrick McKenzie – associate in the Corporate Practice
- Bruce Smith – partner in the Construction Practice
- Heather Friedman – partner in the Environmental Practice
- Penny Jackson Farr – Corporate paralegal
About Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
Morris, Manning & Martin (www.mmmlaw.com) is an AmLaw 200 law firm with national and international reach. We dedicate ourselves to the constant pursuit of our clients’ success. To provide our clients with optimal value, we combine market-leading legal services with a total understanding of their needs to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and opportunity. MMM enjoys national prominence for its real estate, corporate, litigation, technology, healthcare, intellectual property, energy & infrastructure, capital markets, environmental, international trade, insurance, and timberland & forest products practices. MMM has offices in Atlanta, Raleigh-Durham, Savannah, Taipei, Beijing and Washington, D.C. and an alliance with GCN in São Paulo, Brazil.
Media Contact for MMM: Terri Thornton, (404) 932-4347, [email protected]