Atlanta (Nov. 29, 2022) – Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP has elected 12 attorneys to join the partnership, effective January 1, 2023. The new partner class is the largest in the firm’s 46-year history.
Additionally, the new partner class reflects upon the firm’s commitment to achieving diversity and inclusion. One-quarter of the new partnership class is diverse, with two women partners and one racially-diverse partner.
“This class expands our core practices to meet our clients’ needs through all phases of the economic cycle,” said MMM Managing Partner Simon Malko. “It also meets our goals for sustainable growth according to our strategic plan – while honoring our commitment to cultivate promising associates, whether they started their careers here or joined as lateral hires.”
The partners-elect, grouped by areas of practice, follow.
- Alyson Markovich focuses on clients in the firm’s industry-leading Hospitality Group. Her elevation to partner-elect will continue to elevate and enhance MMM’s services to hospitality and lodging clients.
- Justin Vine joins the partnership of the firm’s already highly-ranked national Real Estate practice. He specializes in closing complex transactions for institutional clients
- Quinten Wilson becomes the firm’s first associate to become partner-elect after first participating in the firm’s “Pathway to Partnership” mentoring program. Additionally, he has closed more than $400 million in loan originations this year alone.
- Douglas Hance adds additional strength to MMM’s nationwide Litigation practice. He is the national coordinating counsel for a Fortune 500 company and is also the associate primarily responsible for its successful global defense strategy.
- Jessica Rodriguez helps financial, real estate, healthcare, and other clients navigate commercial litigation, compliance and risk management matters, employment issues, and government investigations. She is the first attorney to start as an associate in the Washington, D.C. office and advance to become a partner.
- Joe Berklund is a leader in technology trade associations with strong client bases across Georgia and Florida, adding strength and experience to MMM’s Corporate practice.
- Zachary Crowe first joined MMM as a summer associate while still in law school. He represents several funds and portfolio companies and regularly takes the lead on financial transactions.
- Matthew Flower is a recent lateral recruit, first joining MMM in October 2021. Flower specializes in fund formation for investment-related clients while also representing tech start-ups, real estate firms, colleges and universities, restaurants, hotels, film studios, and more.
- Elliot Franklin focuses on M&A transactions, securities issuances and corporate governance. A member of the team serving some of MMM’s largest Private Equity clients, he helped close almost two dozen transactions for one client alone.
- Matt San Roman focuses on complex Intellectual Property (IP) and tech transactions, assisting almost 200 clients so far this year. Admitted to practice in Georgia and Tennessee, he has led MMM’s Contract Management Solutions team for several years.
- Adam Thompson first began his career as a software engineer and holds an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, an MBA and extensive technical experience. Thompson applies this technical experience to extensive new client onboarding and focuses heavily on patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
- Justin Ward focuses on mergers and acquisitions and counsels publicly-traded and privately-held clients with buy- and sell-side transactions – adding vital experience and technicality to the firm’s Corporate partnership.
About Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
Morris, Manning & Martin (www.mmmlaw.com) is an Am Law 200 law firm with national and international reach. We dedicate ourselves to the constant pursuit of our clients’ success. To provide our clients with optimal value, we combine market-leading legal services with a total understanding of their needs to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and opportunity. MMM enjoys national prominence for its real estate, corporate, litigation, technology, healthcare, intellectual property, capital markets, environmental, international trade, and insurance practices. A Mansfield 5.0 Plus-certified firm, MMM has offices in Atlanta, Raleigh-Durham, Savannah, and Washington, D.C.
Media Contact for MMM: Terri Thornton, (404) 932-4347, Terri@TerriThornton.com