From the Firm’s beginning over 40 years ago, MMM has embraced diversity of perspectives, backgrounds and thought. The unique viewpoints of the Firm’s attorneys and staff are crucial to the success of MMM and our clients.
MMM is committed to achieving greater diversity and inclusion in the firm through the hiring, retention and promotion of diverse attorneys and believes diversity is essential to delivering excellent services to our clients and community. We continue to strive for a diverse compliment of attorneys and staff in order to help us gain a better breadth of perspective.
Improving diversity at MMM is everyone’s job. To quote our EEO policy, we must all "accept a full share of responsibility in making Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP an equal opportunity employer in every sense of the term."
MMM is working to support greater diversity at the firm in many ways. For example, the Firm:
- Established Diversity and Women’s initiatives within its MMMPact corporate social responsibility outreach. The initiatives encourage recruiting, programming and support for women and people of color;
- Earned a score of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index, which measures LGBTQ Workplace Equality;
- Encourages civic leadership, which has resulted in partners chairing local and statewide groups such as the Georgia Bar Diversity Program, Gate City Bar Association and Stonewall Bar Association;
- Proactively recruits entry-level associates through participation in the Southeastern Minority Job Fair in both Atlanta and DC;
- Won first place in Chambers & Partners 2012 Women in Law Awards, which recognized the Firm’s mentoring program;
- Established an annual internship program for diverse high school students designed to encourage them to pursue legal careers;
- Established an employee affinity group for members of the LGBTQ community and their allies; and
- Most recently, joined a select group of law firms pursue certification under The Mansfield Rule, which mandates at least 30 percent of the candidate pool for major positions be women and/or attorneys of color. Key positions include equity partners, lateral and mid-senior associate hires, the heads of offices and practice groups, members of management/executive and compensation committees as well as board positions, and chair or managing partner. MMM is one of the first firms to achieve Mansfield Certification and the accelerated level of Certification Plus, meaning our efforts to consider diverse candidates has also helped place them in leadership positions at the firm.