(March 12, 2020) - A Letter from MMM's Managing Partner, Simon Malko
Dear Clients and Friends,
I want to update you on the actions we have taken to address the health and business risks associated with the Coronavirus. If – like other businesses – we must close a physical location, you can be assured that work on your behalf will continue as normal.
Since our primary objective is the safety and well-being of our employees and clients, firm management created and circulated a Coronavirus Outbreak Response Plan. It is designed to ensure we can continue to operate a safe workplace and provide excellent legal services. Among other things, our Plan:
- Educated our employees on safety precautions to avoid the spread of illness (which can also help prevent the spread of colds and the flu).
- Provided details on the steps MMM’s IT team has taken to ensure that our attorneys, paralegals and key support staff can work remotely using secure online connections to MMM’s network.
- Reiterated the importance of employees staying home when they have potentially been exposed to the Coronavirus or other illness.
- Outlined future steps MMM will take in the event that a COVID-19 case is confirmed at work.
- Provided details on firm-subsidized back-up child care options in the event of prolonged school closures.
We continue to monitor the situation and will make any future decisions about office closures based on the most up-to-date guidance available from the CDC and other health authorities. We have tested our remote access systems and are confident that we can continue to provide premier legal services under any eventuality.
If you have any questions or concerns about the foregoing, please feel free to contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (404-495-3646).