MMM partners Michele Madison and Edgar Bueno discuss critical issues on Controlled Substances Act compliance, including:
- Response and reporting obligations when you suspect diversion within your hospital pharmacy;
- How to prepare for DEA scrutiny of your pharmacy, staff, and recordkeeping;
- What to do when DEA or law enforcement show up at your pharmacy;
- Corrective action and appropriate drug diversion compliance controls;
- Management and Board responsibility and oversight of the hospital pharmacy;
- Best practices to implement; and
- How to ensure your effective Compliance Program includes the pharmacy and Controlled Substance Act requirements.