Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP is taking part in what promises to be an informative five days in support of Earth Day 2010.
“Programming firm-wide events that showcase sustainability and promote alternative thinking demonstrates MMM’s commitment to the success of Earth Day”, said Vanessa Goggans, the firm’s HR Partner. “By combining educational presentations with fun events, the firm continues to build upon the exciting momentum that started with the creation of a Green Committee, participation in Earth Hour 2010 and with obtaining our Green Office® certification by Hines.”
Earth Day is Thursday, April 22. Events planned for the week include:
- Whole Foods presentation The True Cost of Eating Healthy: The Benefits of Locally Grown Organic Produce, Sustainable Fishing & Responsible Meat Purchases
- A moment of self reflection: What have you done to make the Earth a little greener?
- Lunch N’ Learn presentation by Daron “Farmer D” Joffe, Founder and President of Farmer D Organics, discussing organic produce, soil and plant food http://www.farmerd.com/history
- Alternative transportation day
- Earth Week celebration party
About Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
Morris, Manning & Martin (www.mmmlaw.com) is a full-service commercial law firm representing domestic and international clients throughout the United States. Our mission is to be the firm of choice for clients seeking the most creative, comprehensive and effective legal services available. Our legal solutions are delivered by industry-focused, diverse, involved lawyers who are dedicated to our clients’ success, whether in a transaction, in court or in the everyday course of business. MMM enjoys national prominence for its green industry, healthcare, intellectual property, capital markets, environmental, insurance, mergers & acquisitions, technology, timberland and forest products, real estate, and litigation practices. MMM has offices in Atlanta, Raleigh-Durham, Savannah, Taipei, Beijing and Washington, D.C. and now an alliance with FGCN in São Paulo, Brazil.
Media Contact: Terri Thornton, Thornton Communications (404) 932-4347 [email protected]