As lead counsel in these dynamic deals, our lawyers have counseled and represented clients in all aspects of the acquisition, development, leasing, financing and structuring of their mixed-use projects. Our complete range of service extends to the conclusion of the sale of the various pieces of the mixed-use development to residential, hotel or office developers.
We have extensive experience in hotel, restaurant and resort development, joint ventures, public/private partnerships, tax structuring, environmental matters, employment and labor issues, intellectual property rights, real estate technology issues, transportation matters, utility issues, condominium formation and governance, owners’ association formation and structuring, and construction and permanent financing matters.
Our clients range from sophisticated mega-developers to smaller scale traditional mixed-use projects. We integrate seamlessly with clients’ contractors, advisors and in-house lawyers, as well as various governmental officials and representatives, lenders, potential or prospective business partners and members of the community-at-large. We are committed to helping clients achieve their business goals and objectives by implementing effective strategies that will ensure both short and long-term success.
Ways We Can Help
- Project governance declaration documentation and associated parking facility and transportation issues
- Working with the EPA and state environmental agencies on cleanup proposals and remediation plans
- Negotiating with state departments and transportation officials regarding roadway and bridge improvements
- Negotiating land use restrictions, covenants, and easements
- Negotiating office or retail leases
- Representation of the developer of Two Capital City Plaza/3354 Peachtree Road in a mixed-use project in Atlanta, Georgia involving approximately 540,000 sq. ft. of office space, 9,500 sq. ft. of retail space, 50 for sale luxury condominium units and 300 apartment units and a total development budget of approximately $330 million.
- Acquisition of the Frederica development located on St. Simons Island, Georgia by Huizenga Holdings, Inc. Frederica is a 2,200-acre luxury master planned community centered around a Tom Fazio/Michael Bonallack designed golf course and a 300-acre lake and clubhouse.
- Representation of Skanska with regard to the rights to redevelop George Washington University’s Square 75, located in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood of Washington D.C. The development includes 250,000 square feet of office and 7,000 square feet of retail space.