Through our years in the real estate industry, MMM has developed particular depth in industrial real estate. We began representing one of the largest industrial owners and developers in the country 37 years ago. Since then, our practice has grown to represent dozens of real estate developers and investors in every aspect of industrial real estate.
Ways We Can Help
- Real Estate and Land Use – We represent a wide variety of industrial clients, including developers, investors, manufacturers and Fortune 100 retailers. Our work includes contract drafting and negotiation, economic incentives, diligence, financing and leasing related to the purchase of contracts, easements, declarations, and project governance documents, sale, or development of industrial properties.
- Project Finance - MMM lawyers regularly go beyond the traditional role of outside counsel to provide the broader economic development assistance needed for development and redevelopment of industrial areas, including transportation corridors, airports, and seaports. We work with lenders and insurers to help secure the funding and coverage needed to make projects happen and assist developers, landowners, and government entities with public-private partnerships.
- Environmental - We address and solve environmental issues associated with every type of industrial property, including steel mills, rail lines, automobile manufacturing facilities, military bases, and ports. We also develop mechanisms through which such properties can be purchased, financed, redeveloped and sold, including addressing environmental issues associated with distressed assets.
- Construction - MMM has managed the full scope of matters relating to the design and construction of industrial sites, including working and negotiating with insurance brokers and drafting and finalizing complicated contracts with architects, engineering firms, and contractors.
- Permitting and Zoning - Our lawyers help clients get the proper permits involved in their developments, including water supplies, transportation routes, and endangered species. One example is the permitting related to dredging and filling needed for port-related expansions and development of other waterfront properties, which we have handled for multiple clients, including the Port of Savannah.
- Represented an investment fund sponsored in the $908.5 million sale of a 16.3-million-square-foot industrial-property portfolio including 106 industrial buildings located in 16 markets across the Southeast, Southwest, and Midwest.
- Sale of 104 industrial buildings in eight different states across the United States, structured by MMM as a $925 million sale of private REIT.
- Represented a REIT in the joint venture, financing, and acquisition of six buildings totaling $407 million, including a major retailer’s distribution center.
- Acquisition of various Amazon distribution centers located in Chattanooga and Cleveland, Tennessee, and in West Columbia, South Carolina, for a real estate owner. Each center contained over one million square feet and totaled $185 million.
- Represented lender in a $400 million line of credit to a borrower in a financing of an acquisition of storage facilities.
- Represented client in seventeen acquisitions equaling roughly seven million square feet of primarily industrial real estate assets across several portfolios totaling $390 million.
- Acquisition and related leaseback of a 496,064 square foot, $91.5 million freezer distribution center located in Riverside, California.