Our leasing specialization includes substantial experience to bear in representing landlords, tenants, investors, developers and lenders, in connection with the leasing of office, retail and industrial properties.
Our leasing team approaches the lease negotiation process through the lens of a pragmatic business perspective. Working together with our Real Estate Finance Team enables us to fully understand the lender’s role in the lease approval process and the competing interests of landlords, tenants and lenders in leasing transactions. We pride ourselves on our ability to negotiate tri-party deals between these interested parties.
- Representation of landlord in leasing industrial space in a portfoilo of properties in South Atlanta.
- Representation of tenant in connection with 11 leases for industrial space across the United States totaling approximately 450,000 square feet.
- Representation of tenant in connection with approximately 150,000 square foot industrial lease in Douglasville.
- Representation of large private technology company in various global leasing initiatives, including the following sites: 181 Lytton Ave, Palo Alto (22,765 square feet), 505 Hamilton Ave, Palo Alto (25,000 square feet), 715 Alma Street, Palo Alto (7,000 square feet), 1555 Blake Street, Denver, CO (6,800 square feet), 1660 International Drive, McLean, VA (204,784 square feet), and additional leasing activity in Sydney, Oslo, Munich, Paris, and others.
- Representation (note: exclusive leasing counsel) of landlord in leasing office space in a portfolio of properties in Texas containing approximately 1.5 million square feet.
Ways We Can Help
- Landlord Representation We provide full-service leasing representation to various categories of owners and agents – broker/managers, private owners, banks, insurance companies, pension funds/pension fund advisors, REITs, private investment funds and overseas investors – for entire office, industrial, multiuse, and retail complexes. In addition to the negotiation of individual leases, we help coordinate the leasing objectives with your overall design, development, and management plans for the building, including the negotiation of commission, listing agreements and management agreements, work letters and development agreements, construction and architect contracts and other agreements with lenders, ground lessors, and other landlords with regard to collateral leasing concerns.
- Tenant Representation We represent law firms, accounting firms, trade associations, private and public corporations and other businesses in leases of all sizes. We have represented tenants in single transactions as well as provided portfolio-wide representation. Our leasing lawyers are considered an integral part of our clients’ space management team. We take pride in our knowledge of the markets and economic environment in which our clients’ transactions occur allow our team to fully protect our clients’ interests serving their business goals.
- Build-to-Suit Lease Transactions We have substantial experience in all areas of land use, development, construction, finance and leasing issues relating to build-to-suit and design-build projects. We have worked with both developers and tenants in connection with structuring, negotiating and documenting build-to-suit lease transactions involving office, retail and industrial properties. Our clients include regional, national and international developers and owners with real estate interests throughout the U.S. Our lawyers have also participated in numerous build-to-suit and design-build lease projects where the tenant/user was the United States of America (through the General Services Administration) or an agency of the federal government.