Data security breaches are increasing at an alarming rate. Fallout from the recent Anthem breach shows us that all kinds of healthcare companies, regardless of their size and resources, are vulnerable to these attacks. Yet, we find that many in the industry do not fully understand how to assess their risks and vulnerabilities for a breach, not to mention how to prevent or mitigate any damages from a security incident.
This webinar discusses state and federal data privacy and security laws for healthcare and healthcare IT companies, including practical recommendations on compliance and best practices for avoiding data security risks. Key topics discussed include:
- Why risk management is crucial for healthcare & healthcare IT companie
- An overview of recent healthcare data security breaches, including the Anthem breac
- What measures can be taken to prevent a breac
- Compliance requirements for the healthcare industry, including HIPAA and HITEC
- How to properly manage your business associate relationships and contract
- Current penalties at the state and federal leve
- How to mitigate or transfer risk through cyber insurance
This webinar is the first in a three-part series which will address risk management, data security and privacy.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions about the webinar series.
To view, click on the link below.