There are many new and important issues facing VC Fund Managers today. This webinar series will provide practical perspectives on key phases of the business, from fund structuring through investing and exiting. We will also explore the expectations of the market, the LP's, and regulators.
This webinar, the first in the four-part series, covered "Regulatory and Basic Updates."
Dodd Frank Changes for the VC Manager
- How to determine if you are exempt from registration under the new exemption.
- What does registration "lite" mean for you in terms of new expense and potential liability?
- Staying out of trouble with securities regulators.
- Contents of your private placement memorandum (PPM).
- Should you change the terms of the fund or the PPM to fit the exemption?
- What is the latest word from the SEC on it's timing to implement the exemption?
- How do investors and placement agents assess your registration status in their review?
The Basics of Launching Fund I
- How does the fund, the GP and the management company fit together -- some alternatives
- Key fund terms, including economics and LP and GP rights and responsibilities