The HITECH Act significantly changed the HIPAA Security Rule in several ways:
- The expansion of Business Associate Requirements;
- Increased enforcements; and
- Mandatory audits following complaints.
What does this mean to you? The government has stated that if your Business Associate is not HIPAA compliant, then you are not compliant. This will put you in a vulnerable position as your patient data may not be secured properly - leaving your practice open to fines and penalties if a breach occurs.
Listen to our panel of industry leaders as they share their best practices and solutions for Business Associate compliance:
- Michele Madison (Healthcare Partner at Morris, Manning, and Martin) discusses the HITECH requirements and the enforcements that are taking place.
- Paige Joyner, PhD (CEO of Compliance + ) covers the privacy & security rules and steps to take toward becoming compliant.
- Deborah Frazier (Healthcare IT Support Sales & Marketing Manager for BlueWave Computing) discusses the advantages a Business Associate can gain from embracing the new requirements.
This webinar was sponsored by the Privacy & Security Committee of the Healthcare Solutions Resource Forum (HSRF). The HSRF consists of practices and vendors who work together in a no-sales environment, to review the legislative changes in Healthcare and develop solutions to help practices.