Atlanta/Savannah, Ga./Washington, D.C. (August 20, 2020) — The 27th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America© for 2021 recognizes 29 attorneys who practice in Morris, Manning & Martin’s Atlanta, Savannah and Washington, D.C. offices. The attorneys were chosen by their peers for inclusion in the prestigious annual list. Best Lawyers honors attorneys Tom Gryboski and Jason Watson in Atlanta, Carol Weld King in Washington, D.C. and Rusty Ross in Savannah in two categories each.
The attorneys, the practice areas in which they are honored, and their locations are as follows:
- Bob Alpert, Commercial Litigation – Atlanta
- William Barringer, International Trade and Finance Law – Washington, D.C.
- Mark Block, Real Estate Law – Atlanta
- Ward Bondurant, Corporate Law – Atlanta
- Brian Butler, Real Estate Law – Atlanta
- Heather Friedman, Environmental Law – Atlanta
- Christina Graham, Real Estate Law – Atlanta
- Tom Gryboski
- Leisure and Hospitality Law – Atlanta
- Real Estate Law – Atlanta
- Betsy Karmin, Real Estate Law – Washington, D.C.
- Carol Weld King
- Leisure and Hospitality Law – Washington, D.C.
- Real Estate Law – Washington, D.C.
- John MacNaughton, Product Liability Litigation - Defendants - Atlanta
- Michele Madison, Health Care Law – Atlanta
- Julie Mendoza, International Trade and Finance Law – Washington, D.C.
- Brady Mills, International Trade and Finance Law – Washington, D.C.
- John "Sonny" Morris, Real Estate Law – Atlanta
- Gerald Pouncey, Environmental Law – Atlanta
- Lauren Burnham Prevost, Corporate Law – Atlanta
- Will Planert, International Trade and Finance Law – Washington, D.C.
- Daniel Prywes, Litigation – Labor and Employment – Washington, D.C.
- Robert Rearden, Real Estate Law – Atlanta
- Rusty Ross
- Health Care Law – Savannah
- Real Estate Law – Savannah
- Bruce Smith, Construction Law – Atlanta
- Seslee Smith, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants – Atlanta
- Matt Sours, Real Estate Law – Atlanta
- Bob Threlkeld, Health Care Law – Atlanta
- Lee Walker, Real Estate Law – Atlanta
- Jason Watson
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law – Atlanta
- Litigation – Bankruptcy – Atlanta
- Carl Westmoreland, Land Use & Zoning Law – Atlanta
- Andrew Williams, Real Estate Law – Atlanta
More than three-quarters of the attorneys have been ranked for five years or more. They include Walker, has who made the list for 16 years running. Those on the list for at least 10 years include Morris, Pouncey, Threlkeld, Westmoreland, Williams, Ross, Seslee Smith and Barringer. These MMM partners have made the list five or more times: Block, Gryboski, Madison, Mendoza, Prevost, Bruce Smith and Weld King.
About Best Lawyers
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. Almost 108,000 industry leading lawyers are eligible to vote (from around the world), and we have received over 13 million evaluations on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world. For the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, 9.4 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in more than 67,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.” For more information, visit www.bestlawyers.com.
About Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
Morris, Manning & Martin (www.mmmlaw.com) is an Am Law 200 law firm with national and international reach. We dedicate ourselves to the constant pursuit of our clients’ success. To provide our clients with optimal value, we combine market-leading legal services with a total understanding of their needs to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and opportunity. MMM enjoys national prominence for its real estate, corporate, litigation, technology, healthcare, intellectual property, cybersecurity and privacy, capital markets, environmental, international trade, and insurance practices. MMM has offices in and around Atlanta, Raleigh-Durham, Savannah and Washington, D.C.
Media Contact for MMM: Terri Thornton, (404) 932-4347, Terri@TerriThornton.com