Megan Canning focuses her practice on insurance-based mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and securities offerings. She advises a wide range of public and private clients on a myriad of corporate transactional matters, including divestitures, joint ventures, and securities compliance. Megan helps clients navigate the challenging aspects of corporate governance and works side-by side with them preparing resolutions and drafting policies. She represents private insurance companies in acquisitions in the employee benefits and investment management sectors. She assists clients in the research of complex state insurance licensing questions and prepares corresponding client memoranda. Additionally, Megan works diligently in the drafting and negotiation of complex managed services agreements and referral agreements.
Prior to joining Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP, Megan worked at an Am Law 100 firm, advising companies on mergers and acquisitions, public equity offerings and debt offerings, and internal restructuring. She was also a judicial extern for the Honorable Harold Melton, Supreme Court of Georgia, and the Honorable Wendy Hagenau, United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Georgia.
- Represented Missouri-based investment advisor firm in numerous retirement and wealth management acquisitions across the United States
- Seller’s counsel to Alabama-based insurance agency for a $20 million sale to large private equity backed middle-market insurance agency
- Represented Florida-based insurance brokerage and consulting firm in acquisitions in California and Ohio
- Represented numerous privately held companies in a variety of industries, including insurance, healthcare, and technology
- Advised on public equity offerings, including a forward sale transaction*
- Advised on multiple public debt offerings ranging from $200 million to $700 million*
- Represented numerous various startup companies in formation and funding transactions
- Represented a publicly traded healthcare REIT in corporate governance and securities compliance*
- Advised on SEC and corporate governance matters related to private equity activist investor*
- Advised on corporate governance of a privately held multi-state residential property REIT*
*Completed while at another firm