- Reviews and drafts business associate agreements and other documents related to HIPAA and the HITECH Act.
- Reviews, drafts, and provides analysis of various commercial contracts.
- Represents clients in corporate transactions, with a specialty in healthcare deals (e.g., partnerships, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions).
- Works with accountants at accounting and valuation firms to analyze multi-million dollar transactions.
- Counsels clients in connection with corporate reorganizations, and drafts related corporate governance documents.
- Drafts agreements between clients and their prospective, current, and former employees.
- Analyzes newly released rules pertaining to the healthcare sector (including telemedicine, hospital co-location, the Controlled Substances Act, Stark rule, and EMTALA), and advises clients accordingly.
- Advises healthcare clients on the intricacies of the state and federal rules on peer review, with an emphasis on HCQIA and confidentiality requirements.
- Manages internal investigations, and helps develop and carry out plans to remedy identified issues.