Atlanta (March 2021) – Chris Maxwell, who chairs the firm’s Emerging Companies and Growth Equity Practice at Morris, Manning & Martin, is now serving on the Board of Directors of the Technology Association of Georgia (TAG.)
“TAG is one of the largest technology industry groups in the country,” said John Yates, who chairs MMM’s Corporate Technology Group and is a co-founder of TAG. “Chris has earned his spot on the board and we know he’ll do a great job for its members.”
TAG’s mission is to connect, promote, influence and educate Georgia’s technology ecosystem to advance the innovation economy. It has 30,000 members and more than 20 professional societies in five chapters across the state.
Maxwell’s clients include emerging and growth-stage technology companies and the funds that invest in them. He represents clients in middle-market corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and venture capital and growth equity financings. He also works with venture, growth and private equity funds based in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston, Washington, D.C. and on the West Coast – in addition to most of the venture capital and growth equity funds in Atlanta. He also chairs MMM’s Florida practice and is a founder of Technology Executives Roundtable (TER) Florida, an organization of C-level tech leaders.
He is deeply involved in the tech community.
- He previously served on the board of TAG’s Corporate Development Society, a C-level forum for industry leaders to share the latest real-world insights and best-practices to scale technology startups and enterprise companies.
- He started the Atlanta Chapter of Keiretsu Forum – a global investment community of accredited private equity angel investors, venture capitalists and corporate/institutional investors. Ranked by Pitchbook as the world’s largest angel investor network, Keiretsu Forum Global Investor Network recently announced a record 314 fundings into seed, early-stage and late-stage companies in 2020.
- He chaired the 2017 selection committee for Venture Atlanta, the largest technology investor conference in the Southeast, and continues his work with the organization.
- He is extremely active with The Association for Corporate Growth (ACG.) He spent several years on the selection committee for the ACG Fast 40, which celebrates middle-market growth.
- He is on the Board of Directors of Florida Venture Forum, Florida’s largest statewide support and networking organization for venture capitalists and entrepreneurs.
For more information about TAG, visit TagOnline.org.
About Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
Morris, Manning & Martin (www.mmmlaw.com) is an Am Law 200 law firm with national and international reach. We combine market-leading legal expertise with value-added services to maximize the growth and valuation of our clients. MMM enjoys national prominence for its technology, corporate, litigation, healthcare, intellectual property, real estate, capital markets, environmental, international trade, and insurance practices. MMM has offices in and around Atlanta, Raleigh-Durham, Savannah and Washington, D.C.
Media Contact for MMM: Terri Thornton, (404) 932-4347, [email protected]