Atlanta/Savannah, Ga./Washington, D.C. (August 15, 2019) — The 26th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America© includes 27 attorneys who practice in Morris, Manning & Martin’s Atlanta, Savannah and Washington, D.C. offices. The attorneys were chosen by their peers for inclusion in the prestigious annual list. Best Lawyers honors attorneys Tom Gryboski in Atlanta and Rusty Ross in Savannah in two categories each.
The attorneys, the practice areas in which they are honored, and their locations are as follows:
- Bill Barringer, International Trade & Finance Law — Washington, D.C.
- Mark Block, Real Estate Law — Atlanta
- Ward Bondurant, Corporate Law — Atlanta
- Brian Butler, Real Estate Law — Atlanta
- David W. Cranshaw, Litigation - Banking & Finance — Atlanta
- Heather Friedman, Environmental Law — Atlanta
- Christina Graham, Real Estate Law — Atlanta
- Tom Gryboski
- Leisure & Hospitality Law — Atlanta
- Real Estate Law — Atlanta
- Betsy Karmin, Real Estate Law — Washington, D.C.
- John MacNaughton, Product Liability Litigation - Defendants — Atlanta
- Michele Madison, Health Care Law — Atlanta
- Julie Mendoza, International Trade & Finance Law — Washington, D.C.
- John "Sonny" Morris, Real Estate Law — Atlanta
- Will Planert, International Trade & Finance Law — Washington, D.C.
- Gerald Pouncey, Environmental Law — Atlanta
- Lauren Burnham Prevost, Corporate Law — Atlanta
- Daniel Prywes, Litigation - Labor & Employment — Washington, D.C.
- Robert Rearden, Real Estate Law — Atlanta
- Rusty Ross
- Health Care Law — Savannah, Ga.
- Real Estate Law — Savannah, Ga.
- Matt Sours, Real Estate Law — Atlanta
- Bruce Smith, Construction Law — Atlanta
- Seslee Smith, Product Liability Litigation - Defendants — Atlanta
- Bob Threlkeld, Health Care Law — Atlanta
- Carl Westmoreland, Land Use & Zoning Law “Lawyer of the Year” — Atlanta
- Andrew Williams, Real Estate Law — Atlanta
- Lee Walker, Real Estate Law — Atlanta
- Carol Weld King, Leisure & Hospitality Law — Washington, D.C.
More than three-quarter of the attorneys have been ranked for five years or more. They include Walker, who made the list for 15 years running. Those on the list for at least 10 years include Cranshaw, Morris, Pouncey, Threlkeld, Westmoreland, Williams, Ross and Barringer. Another nine MMM partners have made the list five or more times: Block, Gryboski, MacNaughton, Madison, Mendoza, Prevost, Bruce Smith, Seslee Smith and Weld King.
About Best Lawyers
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. Almost 87,000 industry leading lawyers are eligible to vote (from around the world.) It has received almost 10 million evaluations on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world. For the 2019 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America, 7.8 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in almost 60,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice." For more information, visit www.bestlawyers.com.
About Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
Morris, Manning & Martin (www.mmmlaw.com) is an Am Law 200 law firm with national and international reach. We dedicate ourselves to the constant pursuit of our clients’ success. To provide our clients with optimal value, we combine market-leading legal services with a total understanding of their needs to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and opportunity. MMM enjoys national prominence for its real estate, corporate, litigation, technology, healthcare, intellectual property, energy & infrastructure, capital markets, environmental, international trade, and insurance practices. MMM has offices in and around Atlanta, Raleigh-Durham, Savannah and Washington, D.C. The firm also has a business development office in Beijing, China.
Media Contact for MMM: Terri Thornton, (404) 932-4347, [email protected]