Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP seeks a paralegal with several years of experience for its dynamic and fast growing International Trade Group which represents foreign-based clients and U.S. importers in proceedings before the U.S. Department of Commerce, the U.S. International Trade Commission, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the Court of International Trade, and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. The ideal candidate will be able to complete the responsibilities and possess the qualifications listed below.
- Prepare, organize, and file questionnaire responses at the U.S. Department of Commerce and U.S. International Trade Commission;
- Assist with overseeing day-to-day case management for 20-member International Trade Group;
- Provide direction to and train new paralegals on proper filing procedures and practices;
- Review and cite check briefs and other court filings to ensure compliance with procedural rules;
- Maintain group calendar; check court dockets and agency records to confirm deadlines; maintain case-specific schedules;
- Ensure that administrative protective order (APO) procedures are followed and complete tasks related to same (i.e., filing APO applications and amendments; maintaining clerical forms and lists of active APOs; overseeing proper recordkeeping; monitoring dates for certificates of destruction; coordinating destruction of hard and soft copies of APO materials; filing certificates of destruction);
- Streamline and improve internal procedures and best practices;
- Organize client case files; and
- Monitor trade-related news and proceedings.
Qualifications & Skills
- At least five (5) years of experience in international trade field
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative to troubleshoot problems
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities successfully
- Ability to work independently and as part of a busy team that often travels internationally
- Strong personal organization, work ethic, and flexibility
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong service orientation
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion when dealing with sensitive or confidential matters
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Expertise in rules of U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and U.S. Court of International Trade a plus
- Experience with Filesite/iManage a plus
The Firm offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, 401(k), and PTO. Please click link to apply and attach a copy of your resume and professional references. A background check will be completed on final applicant to whom an offer is made.