Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP seeks a Paralegal to provide administrative and patent prosecution support to the Attorneys and Patent Agents in the Patent Prosecution Practice Group. The ideal candidate will be able to complete the responsibilities and possess the qualifications listed below.
- Daily follow-up to the docketing team of applications and subsequent filings or correspondence filed.
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed (e.g., billing, scheduling and making travel arrangements).
- Prepare outgoing client and correspondence to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Research on current Patent Rules and Laws when applicable
- Desire to learn foreign prosecution, including PCT applications
- Provide backup support to other team members when necessary or directed
- Assist with various electronic filings
- Assist with clearing daily attorney dockets
- Assist with answering client inquiries
- Organize client case files
- Other tasks as identified
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree and/or 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative to troubleshoot problems
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities successfully
- Ability to work independently and as part of a busy team
- Strong personal organization, work ethic, and flexibility
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion when dealing with sensitive or confidential matters
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Filesite/iManage a plus
The Firm offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, 401(k), and PTO. Please click link to apply and attach a copy of your resume and professional references. A background check will be completed on final applicant to whom an offer is made.