Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP has an immediate opening for a Legal Assistant in our Litigation practice. The successful candidate should excel at teamwork, initiative, work ethic, flexibility, attention to detail, and should demonstrate an excellent customer-service attitude. More complex tasks may be assigned under supervision and with appropriate training.
- Assist attorneys with administrative functions such as preparing engagement letters, opening new matters, submitting conflicts searches, drafting documents and correspondence, time entry, and managing CLE requirements
- Work closely with other Legal Assistants to ensure departmental needs are full-filled
- Coordinate client invoice pre-bills, make billing edits, and submit as final for distribution to the client
- Provide back-up assistance to other Legal Assistants, Paralegals, and colleagues
- Format, edit, print, scan and file documents
- Investigate inquiries providing timely responses
- Prepare and submit expense reports
- E-Filing in various State and Federal Courts
- Logistical preparation for meetings and conference calls, including conference room reservations, meal orders, technology needs, reminders to attendees, etc.
- Liaison with all internal departments on behalf of the attorneys
- Complete special projects as directed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- Law firm experience required; 5+ years of recent litigation experience preferred
- Significant experience with trial preparation and support
- Experience coordinating and scheduling depositions, mediations, and client meetings; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; drafting complaints; and preparing and filing discovery requests
- Experience using Aderant financial systems preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Kofax, and DocuSign
- Working knowledge of FileSite/iManage preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with driving administrative tasks including calendaring, travel arrangements, coordinating meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management with ability to multi-task and shift priorities successfully to meet necessary deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to successfully collaborate with teammates to accomplish assigned tasks and projects
- Strong client service skills and the ability to follow client specific protocols
- Professional demeanor with enthusiastic attitude
- Current commission as a notary public in Georgia and/or the willingness to obtain notary public commission within 3 months of employment
The Firm offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, 401K and PTO. A background check will be completed on the final applicant to whom an offer is made. To learn more about our firm, and to apply online, please visit www.mmmlaw.com.