Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP has an immediate opening for a Legal Assistant in our busy Insurance practice. The successful candidate should excel at teamwork, initiative, work ethic, flexibility, attention to detail, and should demonstrate an excellent customer-service attitude. We are seeking a quick learner who can relate individual tasks to the "big picture." Strong client billing skills are required. More complex tasks may be assigned under supervision and with appropriate training.
- Assist attorneys with administrative functions such as preparing engagement letters, opening new matters, submitting conflicts searches, drafting documents and correspondence, time entry, managing CLE requirements, and document scanning/filing
- Coordinate invoice pre-bills, make billing edits, and submit as final for distribution to the client
- Provide back-up assistance to other Legal Assistants, Paralegals, and colleagues
- Investigate inquiries providing timely responses
- Prepare and submit expense reports
- Logistical preparation for meetings, including conference room reservations, meal orders, technology needs, reminders to attendees, etc.
- Liaison with all internal departments on behalf of the attorneys
- Complete special projects as directed
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- Law firm experience preferred; Paralegal certificate strongly desired
- Experience using Aderant financial systems preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Kofax, and DocuSign
- Working knowledge of FileSite/iManage preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with driving administrative tasks including calendaring, travel arrangements, coordinating meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management with ability to multi-task and shift priorities successfully to meet necessary deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong client service skills and the ability to follow client specific protocols
- Professional demeanor with enthusiastic attitude
The Firm offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, 401K and PTO. A background check will be completed on the final applicant to whom an offer is made. To learn more about our firm, and to apply online, please visit www.mmmlaw.com.