Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP is seeking a Cost Accountant for the International Trade Practice Group in our DC office, which is located near the McPherson Square metro. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who is detail-oriented and well-organized. This full-time position will require attention to detail, great organizational and analytical skills, and a strong customer service orientation. We are looking for a cost accountant to assist with analysis and presentation of client financial data in trade remedy proceedings. Competitive candidates will have analytical experience using SAS, spreadsheets and database applications to validate, process, format and prepare complex calculations on client financial and sales data. A strong background in cost accounting and a full understanding of GAAP and International Accounting Standards is necessary. While experience in the specific practice area is not necessary, experience with interpreting, processing and preparing data for submission or presentation to government agencies is a definite plus. This job does not include any consulting or financial planning for clients so such experience would not be relevant to this position.
- Bachelor/Masters degree with strong academic background in accounting and financial analysis.
- Recent graduates considered
- CPA preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables
- Knowledge of SAS a plus
- Experience with Filesite/iManage a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong personal organization, work ethic, and flexibility
- Ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Quick learner by relating individual tasks to the "big picture"
- Strong research and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities successfully
- Strong service orientation
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion when dealing with sensitive or confidential matters
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Perform trade remedies (e.g. antidumping) work on behalf of foreign exporters and U.S. importers; review and analyze companies’ cost of production and sales data, financial statements, company accounting systems, etc.
- Work directly with attorneys on trade cases and prepare analysis of clients’ cost of production for Commerce Department and other agencies as needed. Work with outside consultants on cost as well.
The Firm offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, 401(k), and PTO. Please apply at the link below and attach a copy of your resume